Thursday, July 19, 2018

How To Study For SPM

I'm not sure whether will it be helpful for you guys if I shared how I studied for my SPM. But, there is nothing to lose. So, here is a post on my study methods. I took SPM in 2016 and did pretty well for the examination. My Form 4 and Form 5 years were really stressful but by the time we had to sit for our SPM papers, I wasn't very stress. I knew then I did not have to compete with anyone, only myself. Life was stressful because I always wanted to be the top. I was always comparing my results with my friends and classmates. My mother told me, you don't have to do that as there will always be someone that is better than you. If all you do is compare with someone else, all you will get is stress.

For Bahasa Malaysia, I did a lot of exercises. I bought many activity books from the local bookstore and just did books after books. Always remember to memorise your literature component. For cerpen, put more emphasis on pengajaran, nilai and watak. I usually will find one common subject which can fit all the aspect. For example, if the nilai is kasih sayang, my pengajaran will be kita mestilah mengamalkan nilai kasih sayang seperti.... and the watak I write will be one who has the same values. This is so I can use the same situation (contoh) for many prompts and questions. For the poem, you must remember gaya bahasa whereas for prosa tradisional, you just have to understand the text and learn the moral values. The answers to the questions are all in the text given . The first question wil usually ask you what the meaning of a phrase of words or a word is whereas the second question is about the text and the last question will be KBAT (you can write anything and get the mark if it is reasonable). I'm not really very good with the essays so I don't think I can give any advice on that. Most of the time, I'll improve on my vocabularies and learn new bombastic words. To get a high score for your essay, you definitely must put a peribahasa (at least one).

I don't really do much for English except for the literature. I did a few exercise books and that's all. Usually, I read the newspaper or storybooks to improve my English.

For Mathematics , do more exercise books and past year questions to get you familiarize with the structure. If you can do without referring to the formula sheet, you are on the right track. Every step of the solution must be shown as marks are given on the steps.

On the other hand, for Addmaths marks will be given for the correct answer. If you get the right answer, you will get full marks but if your end answer is wrong, they will look at your steps. While in class, only do your notes or copy the notes from the teacher so that you can refer to it in the future. Don't throw it away. I also recommend you getting Pelangi Analysis exercise book or any exercise book that provides answers with the steps for easy reference.

For Biology, I recommend you getting the Oxford Success Reference Book as the notes are similar to the textbook. Some teachers are very strict while marking the paper, so you have to make sure you use the correct term when writing your answer. For the essay question, write as much as you can as the wrong answer won't be penalize while the correct answer will be given marks.

For Physics and Chemistry, do as much exercise and past year questions as possible. If you do have the time, try attempting an extra essay questions.

For Pendidikan Moral, memorise the kata kunci that is given by the teacher and follow the marking scheme. I can't really say much about this subject as the format is constantly changed and updated.

For Account, you have to understand the concept of every topic so that it is very easy for you to do well in Paper 1 and for Paper 2, memorise the format of the PP and KK and do loads of worksheets. Accounts is a little bit like maths, as long as you understand and memorise a few stuff you can score.

No comments:

Post a Comment